The world is worlding, but who is listening?
Teacher: Diana Tørsløv / Jakob Eriksen
When the world is worlding, we humans are participants in an overwhelmingly complex ecosystem where everything always touches and is touched, creates and is created. How can such interfaces and processes and the ever-mutual influence of the world be explored artistically through sound and music?Unlike traditional academic research with its focus on logical, rational thinking, artistic research has less fixed frameworks for what can be defined as knowledge and for how to reach new epistemological insights. With a particular focus on themes such as “the role of the human in the world”, “reevaluation of the contradiction between nature and culture” and “the world without us”, the purpose of this course is to inspire critical thinking in the form of artistic research: What knowledge can we generate from artistic research? What can sound do as an artistic medium in artistic research? Throughout the course, the students will work with texts, theories and artworks in order to stimulate their artistic and musical practice.
No subject specific prerequisites.
At the end of the module the student must at an advanced level possess:
- Knowledge about an experimental, artistic way of thinking and working
- Knowledge about artistic research theory and practice
- Contextualise own artistic practice accordingly to the course material
We work with the following areas:
- Art and theories in the realm of the posthuman
- Expanded concepts of the human in the world
- Creation of own works in relation to this
TEACHING AND WORKING METHODS
Students from other art schools may participate in this elective
Attentive: This course will be taught in 5 x 4 lessons
Group size, normally 5-8 students.
- Discussing the texts and working on using the new knowledge to create new works
- Presentation of a new work created with base in the tuition
If you wish to participate in one of the TVAERS courses, you must enter up to 3 priority course requests. You can wish max. 2 courses and you will receive a reply no later than the 10th of August on whether you have a place on a course.
To enter your wishes CLICK HERE.
One semester MA. 10 x 2 lessons. Expected Thursdays or Fridays (not scheduled yet).
Danish – English if required by participants