Teacher: Rune Søchting
The teaching describes the role of technology in various art genres within contemporary art.
General interest and a desire to work seriously on the subject.
At the end of the module, the student shall:
- be able to analyse and reflect on key artistic and cultural phenomena in digital culture
- have gained insight into artistic practices that involve and reflect on the role of technology in artistic practice – both how new technology opens up for cross-media and cross-aesthetic genre phenomena, and how technology can be the basis for the formation of new aesthetic strategies and meetings between the audience and the work
- be able to reflect on own practice in the light of current trends in contemporary art and music
Work will be performed in the following areas:
- the role of technology in various art genres within contemporary art
- central theoretical and artistic positions in the 20th and 21st centuries
TEACHING AND WORKING METHODS
Teaching takes place as group lessons (all year groups) and is built on the following course:
- practical tasks
Attentive: Can be taken in part via distance learning using Zoom. Some lessons require attendance.
10-15 students. Space for 5 distance students.
Certificate subject – passed/not passed at attendance.
Fall semester – 5 lessons of 1 hour
Syddansk Musikkonservatorium, Esbjerg.
If you wish to participate in one of the TVAERS courses, you can register 1 or 2 course requests.
Before the course begins, you will be notified as to whether you are offered a place on the course.
Deadline for registration for the Fall semester 2021 is June 15th