Experimental Music Research
Chair: Professor Peter Keller from Music in the Brain
Organizer: Associate Professor Bjørn Petersen
Teachers and co-organizers Post-doc Cecilie Møller and Assistant Professor Kira Vibe Jespersen
Co-teachers Ph.D.-students from MIB
Contact person: Signe Bisgaard, email@example.com
The topics will broadly cover the field of music psychology and introduce different experimental designs, construction of questionnaires, online surveys/tests, qualitative methods, statistics and more.
By the end of the module, the student will have:
- An overview of neuroanatomy, the neural basis of perception, motion, cognition, and emotion
- An insight into different ways of applying music for health outcomes (e.g. music therapy and music medicine)
- An understanding of the neurobiological mechanisms underlying the positive effects of music interventions
- An understanding of the fundamental role of expectations in music perception and emotion and its consequences for our understanding of music listening and music-making
- Knowledge about collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data using different research methods and experimental designs
We will work with the following areas:
The course will include studying and discussing reports within the field of music psychology as provided in scientific papers. Also, the students will be involved in designing and carrying out small-scale experiments and writing brief reports.
TEACHING AND WORKING METHODS
Group lessons and practical exercises
A certificate with the evaluation Approved/Not approved. This certifies that the objectives have been achieved at a level at least corresponding to a Pass and that current attendance rules have been followed.
READING AND LISTENING REFERENCES
Det Jyske Musikkonservatorium
Hvis du ønsker at deltage i et af TVAERS-kursus, kan du tilmelde dig 1- eller 2-kursuser.
Inden kursusstart får du besked om du har fået tilbudt en plads.
Tilmeldingen åbner den 3. juni.
Sidste frist for tilmelding til efterårssemesteret 2022 er d. 17. juni
Du tilmelder dig via dette link